Solar Power Sydney
Welcome. I have created the Solar Power Sydney web site to publish up to date , independent information about renewable energy ,solar power systems and the latest updates on the N.S.W. and Federal Government solar rebates and feed in tariffs. You can get fast ,no obligation solar power system quotes from 3 Clean Energy Council (C.E.C.) solar panel installers via the Sydney solar quotes form at the bottom of this page or the solar quotes Sydney page or call Martin on 0466986046 for advice or to arrange 3 solar panel quotations for you. I have 20 plus years experience in the electronics , electrical and solar industry and am happy to assist with any questions you may have around solar panels and solar power systems in Sydney.
Solar Power Sydney – Is Solar Power In Sydney Still Viable With No Feed In Tariff?
- Solar Power Sydney. The N.S.W. government no longer pays a ‘feed in tariff‘ . A feed in tariff is simply money paid to you (or used to offset your electricity bill) for the power that a home solar power system supplies back to the electricity gird. When , for example the N.S.W. government was paying 60 cents/KWH for power fed back into the electricity grid it meant that people could pay back their Sydney solar power system relatively quickly. Even without the State Government feed in tariff a solar power system for your home can still make a lot of sense-read on..
- Solar Power Sydney. Even without a State Government feed in tariff , it is important to understand that by installing a solar power system in your home , if your electricity consumption is moderate to high during the day , when your solar panels are producing electricity ,that your electricity bill will drop substantially as you will be replacing power you currently consume from the electricity grid , with electricity you produce from your solar panels-hence a lower power bill.
- Solar Power Sydney. What is the future for the N.S.W. feed in tariff (‘Solar Bonus Scheme‘)? The NSW government has asked IPART ,(The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal) to determine what will be “a fair price for solar power”. IPART will issue its final report–in April 2012. Until then no feed in tariff is paid by the N.S.W. Government . However Ausgrid (formerly known as Energy Australia) pays 6 cents/KWH feed in tariff and AGL Energy pays 8cents/KWH feed in tariff (we strongly suggest checking this with your electricity supplier as these tariffs change regularly!)
- Solar Power Sydney. Be aware that power retailers change their feed in tariff rates- eg: AGL Energy as of September 2011 paid 28 cents/KWH feed in tariff but today pay 8 cents /KWH. Power suppliers generally do not guarantee for how long they will pay their feed in tariff rate. Also, some electricity retailers have fairly complex pricing arrangement for the price they sell power to you. For example from 2-8pm Monday to Friday some suppliers charge 45 cents per KWH ! Certainly a case of buyer beware. Talk with a skilled solar installer (complete the form below or call me to organise 3 solar quotes) to determine what will work best for your situation. Also check with all the power retailers prior to installing solar power to see what deals re feed in tariff and power plans are available. They are not well publicised online and you need to talk with energy suppliers.
- Solar Power Sydney. The other factor to consider is that electricity prices in the future are estimated to double within 6 to 7 years. This means your ‘pay back’ period for your solar power investment should be far less than it is a current electricity prices. If the N.S.W. government re introduces a feed in tariff in April 2012 this will make the proposition for solar power more attractive still.
Solar Power Sydney – Considerations Before Installing Solar Power
- Solar Power Sydney. To get an idea as to what price various sized solar power systems are selling for in Sydney , see the Solar Panels Sydney Page
- Solar Power Sydney. Get an estimate of your daily power consumption or ask a solar installer to assist you in determining your power usage during the day. You will then be in a better position to establish the viability of a solar power system for your home and the optimum size. Complete the form below to arrange for no obligation solar quotes from Sydney solar panel installers.
- Solar Power Sydney. Do you have a North facing roof to mount solar panels? Optimum solar panel orientation is North (plus or minus 10 degrees) . NNE or NNW are acceptable also ,with 10 percent loss. It is very important that surrounding trees , chimneys etc do not cast shadows onto the solar panels. If shading from trees is an issue they may need to be pruned.
- Solar Power Sydney. Best angle for solar panels Sydney ? The optimum angle is around 25 degrees which is close to the pitch of most roof’s which are generally between 17 degrees and 22 degrees .This minor difference results in a loss of around 2% which is acceptable.If your property has a flat roof the solar installation company can install an aluminium adjustable frame to achieve the optimum solar panel pitch.
- Solar Power Sydney. How much space is required to install a solar power system in Sydney? A small 1.5kW solar panel installation requires around 12 square metres of roof space. The solar panels can be mounted on different areas of your roof if required.
- Solar Power Sydney. Solar Panels are generally warranted for 5 years mechanical and 25 years electrical output (generally guaranteed to output 80 percent of their rated electrical output after 25 years)
- Solar Power Sydney. Get everything in writing when requesting solar quotes , including expected solar electricity production , warranties offered on solar panels, solar inverter .Is the cost of the solar meter included in the solar quote? Are the solar installers C.E.C. accredited? Who pays for any damage to your home should that occur during the solar panels installation.
- Solar Power Sydney. To get an idea of Sydney Solar power system prices we have a summary of prices currently being offered on solar panel systems in Sydney on the Solar Panels Sydney page.
Solar Power Quotes Sydney:
Complete The Form Below To Receive Three Solar Power System Quotes from C.E.C. Accredited Sydney solar power installation companies ,who will contact you quickly ,(generally within a few hours) and arrange a time to visit you and discuss your Solar Power needs and arrange a no obligation quotation:
Solar Power Sydney – How Does A Solar Power System Work?
- Solar Power Sydney- A Solar System is made up of the The solar panels , solar inverter and solar electricity meter :Solar panels are attached to your roof by way of an aluminium frame (which must meet Australian Standards) that is fixed to your roof . The most common size solar panels used in Sydney are from 190 watts to 250 watts , so , for example a small 1.5KW solar power system , using 250 watt solar panels will use 6 solar panels in the installation.
- Once the solar panels are secured to your roof they are connected to a solar inverter which your Sydney solar power installer will normally place in close proximity to your existing meter box. The solar inverter’s purpose is to convert the DC electricity from the solar panels to AC electricity ,that is either used in your home or fed back onto the electricity grid.
- The solar meter is a new electricity meter installed after your solar system in installed and measures the amount of electricity fed back to the grid .